Sunday, September 7, 2008

Quotes of the Week Vol 3

Ready for this?  Warning: You may want to relieve your bladder before reading, giggling uncontrollably is a possible side effect.

1. The kids had a half-day Friday and thus came home to eat lunch.  Daeglan did not understand the change in routine and cried all the way home on the bus, telling the bus driver:  Take me back.  Why are you starving me?  I need my lunch! 

2.  On learning of our new house and another move, Brody was reluctant, mostly about the school change.  He said to me: Mom, how can I go to a British school?  I'm American, I don't speak English.

3.  The other day driving in the car Emeryss gets it in her head we are going the wrong way. She insisted that we were not headed for home.  I assured her we were.  The following is how our conversation proceeded from there.
Ryss: We are not!
Me: We are too.
Ryss: We are three, we are four, Mom.  We are not two, we are not going home! 

4. For some reason we got on the topic of babies and Mac wanted to know whose tummy everyone was in.  After talking about how I was in Grammie's tummy and Geoff was in Nana's our conversation had this interesting development.
    Mac: Mom, was I in your tummy when I was a baby?
    Me:  Yes, you were in there with Daeglan.
    Mac: Then you threw up.
    Me:  What?
    Mac: I was in your tummy and then you threw up?
    Me:  What?
    Mac: You threw up and then there I was, a cute, new baby.

2 comments:

michelle said...

In response to #4-I wish it were that simple!

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

in response to #4- i didnt know thats how it worked- i need to be more careful when i throw up- what would i do if a baby came out!!