Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Joys of the Season

We've really enjoyed this last week (minus daddy being away).  It's finally truly Fall, my personal favorite season.  This week we made a Halloween scene for our front window (something Nana always does and we decided to make it a tradition for us too).  The other day we journeyed around the village on the walking path collecting fallen autumn leaves.  Also, we've been going through all our costumes deciding what to be (so great that they want to use costumes we already have!) 
                 
Here's Emeryss in her Fairy Princess costume I found at the thrift store for a grand total of $2.00.  This picture was just too cute not to post it!

And today we got to go to the Pumpkin Patch.  It was an experience!  The kids loved tromping through the fields and looking at all the pumpkins.  There was a maize maze that we went through; we weren't aware that a haunted shack was in the middle that we had to go through to get out, but the kids did well considering it was their first time through a haunted anything.  There was some crying and laughing (I'm a bad mother, I laugh when my kids cry).  


We also got to see a magic show and get balloon animals and eat fresh, hot homemade donuts!
                                                      
*in case you can't tell from the pictures, Brody got a skeleton, Daeglan got a spider and Mac got a bat.  Emeryss decided she didn't want an ugly balloon.

And of course, the kids all got to pick a pumpkin.  We already had some bigger ones at home so they each got to pick a small one.


It was just fun to be out and enjoy the weather and this beautiful country we're living in.  Do you ever just have a joyful day?  Today was mine.  It was great to just enjoy my children, God's beautiful world and anticipating my love coming home.  I hope that each of you can find joy in your everyday living.  Life truly is so much better when you can appreciate the little joys the surround you.

3 comments:

Cathy C said...

Oh Miranda, I can feel the love & contentment of your day! I love the pictures and Fall is definately my favorite season too! Love & miss you all, Mom

Kari Clark said...

I love fall the best, too! Autumn activities are the best with kids! I love the fairy princess picture!

michelle said...

What a fun day! Love the balloon hats and the pumpkins!
Emeryss is a true princess in pink!