Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmastime is Here!

It was Christmas Program/Play day at school today and it was so fun.  I have to give props to the teachers and staff at the Little Norman School and the Norman Primary School for all the effort and work they put into the programs.  It was fantastic to have school programs that were focused on the true meaning and principles behind Christmas.

First, I got to enjoy Emeryss's program with no distractions.  It was so cute.  It was the Nativity Story and the kids were so cute.  Emeryss was an angel and so pretty (thanks to my mom for making her angel dress!).  I didn't have a halo for her, but she was a perfect with her pink headband and pink, feathery wings!
                

Next it was Mac and Daeglan's class play that was also about the Nativity.  All the songs were set to nursery rhyme tunes.  Mac and Daeg were shepherds and since their teacher had them take off their shoes, socks and pants to make their costumes more realistic, and boys do not know how to sit in a dress... it was interesting.  The world (or at least everyone at the Great Hall of the Norman School) got to see Daeglan's spiderman underwear...  his baggy spiderman underwear!  Neither boy could sit still, nor did they sing much, but their costumes were a hit and they made the crowd laugh a time or two by shooting their fingers at the three Wise Men, wrestling with each other and singing opera style when they did sing!  I love my boys!!!


Brody's program was the last on the docket today.  His class did a musical play all about believing in the magic of Christmas.  It was partially written by the class and everyone did a great job.  I don't have any pictures of his program because I used up all my memory stick on videos (that reminds me... I need a larger memory stick).  But here is a clip of his part in the play.  You can hear Brody's voice over the others and pick out his false British accent (I don't think he did it on purpose, he just sang the songs as he learned them, which happened to be with British pronunciations).  And if you pay attention you can tell that he still mispronounces the word remember!  It's too cute.



All in all, it was a great day!  Fun was had by all and the plumber finally showed up and fixed my leaking pipes (which I assure you was very exciting as it's been a long time in coming).  After dinner I took the kids out for some well deserved ice cream for working so hard and doing so well on their programs.  (Well, maybe Mac and Daeglan didn't exactly deserve it for their great effort, but their performances did entertain so...)

Merry Christmas!

No comments: